Composite Pro System
$449.00 – $4,434.00
The Composite Pro System was originally developed for infusion, RTM Light and fabric intensive hand layup marine composites and today finds use in a wide variety of composite products. It is a modified bisphenol A resin of low viscosity offering and excellent balance of color, UV stability, varying hardener speeds, easy mix ratios, extremely low vapor pressure, excellent chemical adhesion and high gloss finish. Varying flexibility in the different resins allow production of varying degrees of stiffness or flexibility, 2050 being the stiffest, 2070 being more flexible and 2090 being the most flexible. Different composite fabrics and different applications require different resin stiffness or toughness. All can be satisfied with the use of this one system.
Composite Pro Resins
- 2050 - is used in high modulus carbon, aramid and S and/or E fiberglass applications. It's elongation matches well with all of these fibers.
- 2070 - Is used in composites which require good stiffness and impact strength. This products elongation matches well with fiberglass, natural fiber and synthetic fabrics.
- 2090 - is our best for impact loads. It's long elongation in most cases make a composite that will be nearly free of the tendency to crack upon impact. It matches well with E glass, synthetic and natural fiber fabrics.
Composite Pro Hardeners
Composite Pro's three hardeners. While the three resins above control the structural qualities of your finished product these hardeners control your processes, i.e, work time, cycle times, work flow, etc. Easy 3 to 1 Mix Ratio
- 3100F - Fast hardener with a pot life of 20 minutes and sets in 2 to 3 hours
- 3100S - Slow hardener with a pot life of 40 minutes and sets in 4-6 hours
- 3100X - Extra Slow with a 90 minute pot life and sets in approximately 8 to 12 hours.
- Very low color and good color stability • Good chemical resistance
- High gloss
- Easy wet out of difficult fabrics
- Low viscosity
- Variable toughness vs. high modulus
- Easy 3 to 1 Mix Ratio
- High-solids coatings
- Infusion, RTM, fabric intensive layups• Chemically resistant coatings
- Casting and Potting
- Electronic Encapsulation